How can you earn Qantas Points? It’s a common question for many small businesses as there are many reward programs and point offers in the marketplace and it can be confusing.
The key to earning the most points for your business is quite simple – use a rewards credit card for all your business spend. If your business is paying for stock, suppliers and contractors with funds from your bank account, you are missing out on the opportunity to rapidly boost your points balance (and manage your business cash flow).
B2Bpay is the only place where you can earn Qantas Points* when you Make and Receive Payments PLUS earn credit card rewards points.
Start earning Qantas Points with our 8 helpful tips to maximise your Qantas Points:
1. The best way to turbocharge your credit card and Qantas Points is to pay all your business expenses by card using B2Bpay^.B2Bpay allows you to pay all your expenses by card, regardless of whether your biller accepts card payments.
2. Ensure you earn FULL credit card points on ATO, Government, Telco, and Insurance bills. With most credit cards you earn no or reduced points when paying these expenses directly to the biller. When you pay via B2Bpay, you earn full credit card points^.
3. Also, earn (even more) Qantas Points. With B2Bpay, you earn Qantas Points in addition to the base credit card points that your bank provides. We recently increased the amount of Qantas Points that you earn by up to 14 times! – so there has never been a better time to help. Now, you will earn 1 Qantas Point for every $7 paid by card to ATO and 1 Qantas Point for every $10 paid by card to other billers*.
4. NEW! Earn Qantas Points when you pay using your bank account. You can now pay by bank account with B2Bpay and still earn Qantas Points*. Earn 1 Qantas Point for every $3 paid using your bank account*. Payments using your bank account give you more choice and flexibility especially when you have reached your credit card limit or want a cheaper (yet still rewarding) way to pay.
5. Earn Qantas Points when customers pay you by card…at no cost to you!Include a simple ‘Pay Now’ link on the invoices you sent out via Xero, MYOB, QuickBooks integrations, and you will earn 1 Qantas Point per $20 paid to you via Visa or Mastercard*. Then sit back and earn Qantas Points* when your customers pay you by card at no cost to you (unless you opt to pay the card processing fees). Get paid faster, as most customers prefer to pay 24/7 online.
6. Look for credit cards with high points to dollar ratio and no or limited points caps^. Not all cards are created equally. Some cards offer more points per dollar spent, have great bonus points offers and have various other benefits.
7. Increase how much you pay using your card^. Some credit cards may have card limits lower than the amount you want to pay by card to maximise your credit card points. However, what many cardholders do is to transfer funds to their card from their bank account. Doing this can increase the amount you can pay by card and the amount of credit card points you can earn^.
8. Boost your cash flow by using your cards up to 55-day interest period by scheduling major payments after your card’s payment cut-off date^.Credit cards come with a monthly payment cycle (e.g., 28th to the 27th) whereby all payments in that cycle fall onto the same credit card bill. So, when you can, pay large expenses just after your payment cycle to maximise the credit card interest free days you receive^.
How can I earn Qantas points ongoing with B2BPay?
Each time you use a Qantas Points earning credit or charge card to pay your bills through B2Bpay, you can earn Qantas Points twice. Earn once with your Qantas Points earning card (including government and ATO spend) and earn points again using B2Bpay, up to 3 Qantas Points per $1.50 in payments^.
You can also earn Qantas Points when your customers or clients pay you via the invoices you send out. You will earn 1 point for every $20 paid to you with VISA or Mastercard. **
What about the cost?
Making Payments: The only fee is the card processing fee or bank account processing fee – the relevant fee is displayed before you process a payment online. These fees replace any card processing fee or surcharge applied by your biller. Talk to your accountant or bookkeeper to claim B2Bpay fees as a tax deductible and we provide you with a tax invoice to make it easy.
The value of all the credit card points and Qantas Points that you can earn combined with the cash flow, software integration and other benefits outweigh the processing fees.
Receiving Payments: There are no fees when you use B2Bpay to get paid (unless you choose to absorb the processing fees).
So, you can sit back and earn Qantas Points* when your customers pay you.
I want to connect to my Accounting Software. How do I do this?
It is easy! Once you have set up to B2Bpay to make payments, simply follow the prompts to connect to your Xero, MYOB, or QuickBooks account. You can then view, select and pay all your pending Xero, MYOB, and QuickBooks bills in B2Bpay.
If would like to receive integrated payments from the Xero, MYOB, or QuickBooks invoices you send to your customer, we will help you add a ‘Pay with B2Bpay’ link on your invoice template. When a customer pays you, the payment will be automatically recorded in your Xero, MYOB or QuickBooks software. And don’t worry if you do not use Xero, MYOB, or QuickBooks our friendly team can assist you to get a ‘Pay Now’ link on any invoice template.
Get Started Today
Getting a B2Bpay account set up is easy, and free! To make payments, simply set up online. You can also be set up as a B2Bpay biller to accept payments. Visit this page to get started.
Then we will quickly set your payment portal and payment page, customised with your company brand logo and arrange a payment link on your invoices. For more information click here.
If you need help, talk directly to our Sydney-based support team on 1300 625 647.
Terms & Conditions
*A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for business. A one-off join fee of $89.50 including GST normally applies, however this will be waived for B2Bpay customers using this link. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Business Rewards Terms and Conditions. Qantas Points for business are offered under the B2Bpay Customer Terms and Conditions. Members will earn 1 Qantas Point for every $7 paid to the ATO by card, 1 Qantas Point for every $10 paid to all other billers by card and 1 Qantas Point for every $3 paid to a biller by bank account. Members can also earn up to 3 Qantas Points per $1.50 paid to B2Bpay Bonus Billers. See B2Bpay website for a list of current B2Bpay Bonus Billers. Qantas Points will be credited to the Members’ Business Rewards account within 90 days of the eligible spend. Any claims in relation to Qantas Points under this offer must be made directly to B2Bpay by emailing [email protected]. Businesses must ensure the ABN registered with Qantas Business Rewards is saved in the B2Bpay customer profile or entered online when paying in order to earn Qantas Points. Qantas Points earned using B2Bpay will be automatically credited to your linked Qantas Business Rewards account within 90 days of your eligible spend as outlined in the B2Bpay Customer Terms and Conditions.
**B2Bpay Billers will earn 1 Qantas Point for every $20 of customer payments made by customers using VISA or Mastercard via the Public WebPay payment portal supplied by B2Bpay (an ‘eligible payment’) and featured on the Biller’s invoice or statement template. Excludes failed or refunded payments and may not be available to businesses on enterprise or special pricing plans. Qantas Points will be credited to the Members’ Business Rewards account within 90 days of the eligible spend. Any claims in relation to Qantas Points under this offer must be made directly to B2Bpay by emailing [email protected] Businesses must ensure the ABN registered with Qantas Business Rewards is saved in the B2Bpay customer profile or entered online when paying in order to earn Qantas Points. ^ Members will earn 1 Qantas Point for every $100 paid and up to 3 Qantas Points per $1.50 paid to B2Bpay Bonus Billers. See B2Bpay website for a list of current B2Bpay Bonus Billers.
^Credit card reward points are subject to the terms and conditions of your credit card and linked reward program.
~ Talk to your accountant or tax advisor about claiming payment processing fees as a tax deduction.